“Let us help you understand and prevent corrosion failures”
Corrosion is among the most common reasons for failures. We can help you get the upper hand.
There are many different modes of corrosion that can occur in different applications; our failure analysts are familiar with them all. Our goal is to help you understand the mode of failure and find appropriate responses. Come to us for:
- A thorough analysis that fits your scope and budget.
- Guidance on analysis, mitigation, inspection, and corrosion prevention practices.
- Clear, informative reports with all of the relevant testing data, pictures, and conclusions.
- Rapid turnaround in emergencies; when time is critical, we provide corrosion analysis quickly.
By preventing or mitigating the effects of corrosion, your safety and operating efficiency can be dramatically improved.
The most common corrosion-related failure modes  include:
- General Corrosion
- Galvanic Corrosion
- Stress Corrosion
- Erosion and Wear
- Hydrogen Embrittlement
- Microbiologically Induced Corrosion (MIC)
- Surface Reactions (oxidation, carburization, and sulfidation)
- Weld Corrosion
- Intergranular Corrosion
Each of those modes has distinct features, causes, and prevention approaches that our experienced metallurgists can help advise you on. Beyond our corrosion failure analysis services, we also offer a wide range of ASTM and customized corrosion tests, corrosion research, and other metallurgical services.
When corrosion failures happen, you can count on us to approach your concerns with passion, accuracy, and expertise.