Corrosion is complex: if it was easy, anyone could solve (and stop) it! We’ve dedicated our lives to understanding and solving corrosion problems, and (more importantly) we love it! G2MT Labs is staffed with industry-leading corrosion experts who provide corrosion testing and consulting for a broad range of components, systems, and environmental conditions. We help analyze and solve corrosion problems for customers around the world.
We offer corrosion consulting, failure analysis, and inspection services to support your Integrity Management and Quality Assurance programs. Our goal is to keep your operations running smoothly and safely.
- Corrosion Failure Analysis
- Corrosion Control and Management Consulting
- In-Field Corrosion Monitoring
- Corrosion Coupon Installation and Analysis
- Sour Service Consulting and Analysis
- Material Selection and Characterization
Corrosion Expert Witness Services:
When your corrosion problems lead to litigation, you want an expert witness with excellent credentials, great communication skills, and a deep knowledge of the field. Our experts are ready to help you handle serious corrosion issues today.
The G2MT Labs Houston corrosion testing laboratory serves customers around the world with:
- Expert Corrosion Consulting Support,
- Rapid Service,
- Customized Testing Capabilities,
- In-Depth Reporting,
- Fair and Cost-effective Prices, and
- High-Quality Analysis.
We perform corrosion tests according to standards from ASTM, NACE, DOT, EPA, MTI, and others, along with the expertise required to develop custom corrosion testing procedures that match your specific conditions and requirements.
Our lab capabilities include testing for stress corrosion cracking, pitting corrosion, crevice corrosion, intergranular corrosion, and other localized corrosion, as well as weight loss and corrosion coupon analysis.
Examples of Corrosion Tests Offered by G2MT Labs Houston:
- DOT – UN – OEC Packing group determination by metal and skin corrosion testing (Corrositex)
- ASTM B117 Salt Fog Test
- ASTM A262
- ASTM A923 Testing – Detecting intermetallic phases in duplex steels *
- ASTM A923C Testing (Ferric chloride solution at 22-50ºC – 24h) *
- ASTM B577 Testing for hydrogen embrittlement in copper *
- ASTM G28A:
- 24 hours ferric sulfate – sulfuric acid boiling solution test (Hastelloy C, C276, Inc. 600)
- 120 hours ferric sulfate – sulfuric acid boiling solution test (other Ni-alloys)
- ASTM G31 Immersion Corrosion Testing *
- ASTM G48A (ferric chloride solution 22-50ºC – 24h) *
- Single-phase flow loop immersion corrosion testing for samples in oil, mild acids, water, and other liquids at temperatures up to 200 Degrees F
- Corrosion Coupon Analysis including Weight Gain and Pitting Analysis
- High-Pressure, High-Temperature Sour Service Testing in H2S and CO2
- Advanced Electrochemical Systems
- Impingement Jet Testing
In addition to those listed above, G2MT Labs also provides a variety of customized corrosion tests for high-temperature, highly corrosive, and/or flowing liquid solutions. Contact us for more info on any tests you are interested in.
Our Work On Improving Corrosion Testing:
Materials in industrial applications are always being pushed to the limits of their capabilities, and often beyond. To determine how long materials can last in the challenging conditions they will encounter in the field, many materials are used in corrosion tests according to industry guidelines or government standards that were often developed decades ago. The reality is that many of the current corrosion testing practices are less than optimal for simulating the actual field conditions. For example, a corrosion test analysis based solely on weight loss will ignore the potential effects of pitting, crevice corrosion, galvanic corrosion, and other localized forms of corrosion.
To counter this, G2MT Labs has developed several new corrosion testing practices to provide additional information about corrosion processes.
The Cost of Corrosion (over $1 trillion annually in the US):
The unfortunate reality is that use of outdated corrosion tests may results in problems and contribute to the many premature failures and shutdowns that lead to over one trillion dollar annual cost of corrosion in the U.S. in 2014 . To combat this challenge, G2MT is developing next-generation technologies to prevent corrosion before serious damage occurs.