G2MT Labs performs high-quality metallography testing in our Houston-area laboratory to accurately assess and compare the critical materials and components you rely on every day. Metallography and microstructure analysis can assess a large variety of materials properties, mechanical properties, defects, flaws, cracks, hydrogen attack, and other indications.
- Sample cutting and preparation
- Precision sectioning
- Photographic documentation
- Macro photography
- Large sample photography
- Metallographic sample preparation
- A variety of microstructure analyses
- Stereo photography
- Polarized light optical microscopy
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Etching and macroetching
The Art and Science of Metallography: Examining metals by cleaning and etching the surface to reveal the microstructure (the substructure that controls the strength, toughness, and long-term integrity of materials), defects, cracking, and other properties.